Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Boris plans to 'Oysterise' overground rail services by next May

Transport for London chiefs have told the new Mayor that his less confrontational approach is already paying dividends with train firms and will as a result rapidly speed up the spread of the system.

Mr Johnson said: "This is excellent news for thousands of First Great Western passengers and takes us a step closer to making Oyster the only ticket you'll need to travel in London.

"Transport for London is investing £40 million in new Oyster equipment and I now urge the remaining train operating companies to get on board, agree their deals and open up Oyster for all Londoners."


What! Boris can do thing better that Ken! Sure we are not gonna say thanks to the "Don't blame me, I didn't vote Boris" people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great news... finally.

First I always said that was Ken did on transport was not the best, or at least it could have done much better, which hopefully his successor is going to prove (including the fact that forcing the usage of Oyster cards for LU without consulting the train companies was a way of highlighting the failure of privatisation for red Ken).

Second I must say that since his after election speech, I have to confess that I am impressed by Boris.